Saturday, February 03, 2007

Journey Through Sabine's Land

If you like DanCoyote's Sky Dancers, you might wish to look at Sabine Stonebender's work. She made the textures for Dan's original dancers. :)

Sabine's bold, electric colors, create the feeling of being in another world. I was especially impressed with the idea of re-defining the Second Life space differently -- as a journey into immersive art. With the help of patron and benefactor Zero Medici, Sabine has brought to life a land of psychedelic places for your avatar to explore.


I happened to be experimenting with Fraps for the first time while Sabine was showing me around, so I caught this footage. I'd love to see Sabine control the media stream on the land and add her own music. Right now, I've compiled this short movie with the Chronicles of Narnia tune, "Only the Beginning of An Adventure". For a full feel of the journey (and without my choppy camera movements + clumsy transitions), I suggest you visit the place when Sabine is around and setting your world to midnight. :)

A short journey through Sabine Stonebender's immersive art land in Kelham (Second Life)


I'd also love to see a collaboration between DanCoyote and Sabine, where one could take Sabine's roller-coaster from the ground level of Dan's exhibition to the performance spot for the Sky Dancers. :) Lots of props to Sabine!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

★Thea Is this you? … :)!

03 February, 2007 05:57  
Blogger Thea said...

Sorry, I think you're mistaking me for someone else. :)

03 February, 2007 15:18  
Blogger Osprey said...

I hope you sent a vid snippet for inclusion in the Movie Night collaboration - details in the post.

03 February, 2007 17:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow.. that's amazing!

05 February, 2007 07:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really wonderful and magical... and the music complements it beautifully!

05 February, 2007 12:11  
Blogger Thea said...

thank you for the kind words :) the movie doesn't do justice to Sabine's art, but hopefully it's a teaser for seeing it yourself in SL :)

05 February, 2007 17:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10 February, 2007 15:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology truly has become completely integrated to our existence, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i Card[/url] DS NetServ)

04 February, 2010 23:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home