Saturday, November 25, 2006

Photo Contest 22: BOOKS



The contest themes are always loose - any interpretation is good. The theme is books. Do ANYTHING you want. I have included a number of HUDs so your entry can easily look like a page illustration without manipulation. Entries can be in book-form, pictures of readers, bookmakers, criminals being booked, books being used to build a house, characters stepping off the book's page - anything you can think of. Be weird. You aren't being weird enough lately.

Book Page HUDs are in the informational notecard obtained by clicking the poster in the Photograohy Studio window. You can use them, change them, make your own (or do something completely different).

To Use Heads -Up Displays (HUDs) - Click on the notecard HUD and "copy to inventory." From your inventory right-click "wear." The HUD appears on your screen and you can edit it to fit. When you take a photo you must choose "show HUD objects in snapshot" for the HUD tp appear. Any other HUDs you are wearing will also show up in the snapshot.…

NOTE: You can also rez the HUD inworld - good if you want to step out or into a page.

To Enter:
Enter textures of Second Life screenshots.
Textures can be no bigger than 512x512 - rectangular photos saved as 512x512 regain their proportions once they are put on a prim.

Title entries with your name + title <---= so I don't lose it in my inventory
Send them to Osprey Therian in a with MOD permission and COPY perms.
Give me an IM so I know to look for them.

Don't send them in a notecard - I say this as I look at textures every day but I rarely look at notecards. If I don't get your heads-up the entry gets buried under the billion spam notecards I get per week. I hate it when things get lost - the only entries to've been lost thus far were in notecards.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This time no categories. Unmanipulated or manipulated are both OK but I haven't been getting enough entries to warrant two categories.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Entries accepted until December 16th at 5:30pm .

The show will go up on the weekend - and we will have an awards ceremony (probably at 3pm on Monday, December 18th).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cash prizes.

The Photography Studio is located in The Brownstone East, Grignano
Grignano is a pg sim. <--=

2 Comments:

Blogger Don Whitaker said...

"...You aren't being weird enough lately..."

Good solid advice. :D

/me puts on his thinking cap.

27 November, 2006 16:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

04 December, 2006 02:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home