Friday, August 25, 2006

The Albion Gallery




Albion DeVaux has a new gallery in Porcupine showing and selling his "semi-abstract" paintings, sculptures and furniture. The stone textures are blended with digital paintings that resemble tissue paper collage. Albion paints in the "real" world as well, but has no website, sadly. I particularly like this piece with its opaque inner and outer surfaces and its translucent edge. The small gallery is designed so that each piece has its own space and can be contemplated quietly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not specifically related to this post, but I just wanted to say I stumbled upon this site about a week and a half ago and I find it a joy to read.

Question: do you guys cover erotic art in SL, as well? That's something I'd be particularly interested in.

25 August, 2006 22:30  
Blogger Thea said...

i for one dont make a distinction between what i cover, noche. just havent been notified of that yet. i'll send out some feelers and check with Enjah + Osprey :)

26 August, 2006 08:59  
Blogger Don Whitaker said...

I stoppped into the Albion Gallery last night. I really enjoyed the artwork that Albion has created, especially the low-prim sculptures.

He seems to be exploring the contrasts between the inside and outside of an object, and his texturing reminds me a bit of Tremali Lightworker's. Very interesting work!

27 August, 2006 00:18  
Anonymous About Health Blog said...

I particularly like this piece with its opaque
inner and outer surfaces and its translucent edge.

25 March, 2011 06:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home